If multiple SDI-12 sensors are connected to a NexSens data logger, it is important to know the address of each sensor so individual changes can be made.
1. Disconnect all SDI-12 sensors from the data logger except for one.
2. Open iChart without a current project.
3. Select Advanced | iSIC | iSIC from the menu bar.
4. Select the correct PC COM port, Connection and iSIC Address. Press Connect.
Figure 1: Connecting to an iSIC
5. Click the General tab and verify that the “Status” group box is populated.
6. Switch to the SDI-12 tab.
7. In the Command line, type “?!” and click Enter. The response from the sensor’s address is the first character of the last line.
8. Repeat steps 1-7 for all other SDI-12 sensors that have an unknown address.